BALIF has partnered with the Litigation Section of the California Lawyers Association (“CLA”) to present a scholarship for those who have demonstrated an intent to pursue a career in litigation, have shown commitment to serving the LGBTQAI+ community, and are planning to take the California Bar Exam.
PURPOSE: To recognize a law student in their final year of law school who will take the California Bar Exam, has shown excellence and achievement in law school, and has:
- Overcome personal hardships or challenges;
- Has a demonstrated financial need (preference will also be given to students who do not already have bar study expenses covered);
- Demonstrated intent to pursue a career in litigation following graduation;
- Demonstrated leadership potential and a history of involvement with LGBTQAI+ student, professional, and/or civic organizations; and
- Demonstrated service in support of their local LGBTQAI+ communities & commitment to social justice.
AWARD: A minimum scholarship of $2500, as determined by the selection committee.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: All applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Monday, January 31st, 2021. Please email your applications to newlawyers@BALIF.org
Click Here for Application