Hello BALIF Members and Friends,
The numbers from Saturday's Career & Networking Expo surprised even us...
- 200+ young lawyers and law students came for the half-day event.
- 35+ practice area tables staffed by dozens of BALIF members.
- 15 employers hiring for 30+ positions for laterals, first-years, and interns.
- Standing room only at the "Power Networking" and "Legal Spectrum" panels.
- Resume review sessions - every slot filled.
- Mock interviews - every slot filled.
- Sedgwick networking mixer - 100+ attendees; complimentary champagne was finished within 30-minutes
Best of all -- BALIF members are already interviewing for some of the open positions. Keep us updated if you land a position as a result of the Expo!
Thank you to all the BALIF members that took time out of their Saturdays to staff tables, conduct mock interviews, speak on panes, and to provide advice to job seekers. And a special thanks to Katie Carlson - BALIF's Administrator - for her wonderful work in setting up the venue.
This week - don't forget to vote for your 2013-14 BALIF Board. Voting lasts for only ONE WEEK and closes next Tuesday (4/16). Your vote matters in selecting the men and women who will lead BALIF this year. More info below.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
On Lu & Chelsea HaleyNelson