New Attorneys + Law Students:
Need a Job?
Time for a New One?
4/6/13 Update - FOURTEEN employers will be hiring laterals, new attorneys, and/or interns at the Expo. See list below.
JOBS. JOBS. JOBS. It's the biggest need of our young lawyers and law students. In response, BALIF has put together our very first CAREER & NETWORKING EXPO. Join BALIF attorneys and legal hiring experts for this unprecedented BALIF event to help you nail down that job.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
1 pm - 5 pm
Golden Gate University School of Law
536 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-2968
If you're on the job hunt, these four hours are your wisest investment. RSVP now!
12:30 pm: REGISTRATION
- Registration is on the second floor lobby.
1 - 3:30 pm: PANELS
Welcome: "State of the Union on the Bay Area Legal Market for Job Seekers", presented by:
- Sabrina Lonergan, Director of Legal Recruiting, Sedgwick; President of Bay Area Legal Recruiting Association;
- Susanne Aronowitz, Associate Dean for Law Career Services & Alumni Relations, Golden Gate University School of Law
PANEL: "Power Networking". Let BALIF members who found their jobs through networking show you how to do it.
- Mike Moye, Chair, Labor & Employment Section, Hanson Bridgett
- Laurie Bertolacci, Vice President of Legal eDiscovery Services, Robert Half Legal; BALIF Board Membership Chair
- Liz Noteware, Director of Courtroom Operations, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CA
- Jonathan Lee, Associate, Sedgwick
- Lilah Sutphen, Associate, Wald & Thorndal
- Rob Fratto, Staff Attorney, WilmerHale
- Moderated by On Lu, Mount Spelman & Fingerman; BALIF Co-Chair; BALIF Career & Networking Expo Chair
- PANEL: "Navigating the Legal Spectrum". Haven't decided what area of law you want to pursue? Come sample a bit of everything to help you decide.
- Barbara Bryant, Mediation Law Offices of Barbara S. Bryant (Mediation/ADR)
- David Lowe, Partner, Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe (small firm)
- Deb L. Kinney, Owner, DLK Law Group (small firm)
- Herb K. Schultz, Regional Director, Health & Human Services (government)
- David Waggoner, Staff Attorney, Homeless Action Center (public interest law)
- Joseph Weatherbee, Associate, Novak Druce (mid-sized firm)
- Moderated by Elizabeth Pritzker, Law Offices of Elizabeth Pritzker; BALIF Board Young Lawyers & Law Students Chair
CLOSING COMMENTS & WRAP-UP, presented by:
- Chelsea HaleyNelson, HaleyNelson & Heilbrun; BALIF Co-Chair
3:30 - 5 pm: JOB FAIR
- Latest update -- TWELVE employers (and counting) will be hiring attorneys and interns at the Expo.
- 35+ Tables staffed by BALIF attorneys to give you the insider perspective on a spectrum of practice areas
- One-on-one mock interview sessions
- Individual resume counseling provided by Robert Half Legal
5 – 7 pm: NETWORKING MIXER
- Put to practice the skills you've learned all day at the Sedgwick Networking Mixer at RN74 (Mission St. & Beale).
Co-sponsored by Golden Gate University School of Law, Sedgwick, and Robert Half Legal
CONFIRMED EMPLOYERS &
4/4/13 Update - FOURTEEN employers will be hiring laterals, new attorneys, and/or interns at the Expo (indicated by ** below).
- Immigration (Business) - Owji Law Group **
- Criminal Defense - Swanson & McNamara
- Labor & Employment Defense - Ropers Majeski Kohn Bentley
- Trademark & Copyright Litigation - Ropers Majeski Kohn Bentley
- Sole Practitioner (Trademark Prosecution) - Law Office of Duy Thai **
- In-House (Start-Up) - NovaBay Pharmaceuticals
- In-House (Start-Up) - Grindr
- In-House (Multinational) - Walmart Global eCommerce **
- Labor & Employment (Plaintiff) - Rudy, Exelrod, Zieff & Lowe
- Financial Litigation - Reed Smith
- Bankruptcy - Schnader
- Product Liability - Schnader
- Complex Civil Litigation / Professional Liability - Keker & Van Nest
- Civil Rights / Constitutional Law - Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld
- Non-Profit - Homeless Action Center **
- Government - San Francisco District Attorney's Office
- Civil Rights - Strazulo Fitzgerald
- Courts - U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CA **
- IP Prosecution - Weaver Austin **
- Workers Compensation Defense - Laughlin Falbo Levy & Moresi **
- Arbitration & Mediation - JAMS
- Government - Alameda County Public Defender
- Legal Recruiter - Robert Half Legal **
- IP Litigation - Mount Spelman & Fingerman **
- IP Prosecution - Novak Druce Connolly Bove + Quigg **
- Complex Commercial Litigation - Kirkland Ellis
- Labor & Employment (Defense) - Seyfarth Shaw
- Labor & Employment (Defense) - Hanson Bridgett **
- Immigration (Removal Defense) - HaleyNelson & Heilbrun
- Family Law - Wald & Thorndal
- Estate Planning - Edward P. Joy, Attorney at Law
- Arbitration & Mediation - Mediation Law Offices of Barbara S. Bryant
- Government - Dept of Health and Human Services
- Small Firm - Law Offices of John T. Hendricks **
- Small Firm (Class Action) - Kaplan Fox
- Mid-Sized Firm - Bullivant Houser Bailey
- Large Firm - Sedgwick **
- Large Firm - Fenwick & West **