VIEW OUR NEWSLETTER HERE
Several jurisdictions have recently decriminalized the use of psychedelics, which has enormous implications in healthcare law as well as ethics and attorney competence. This session will give an overview of recent legal changes, discuss California’s Psychedelic Bill in more detail and discuss the intersection of psychedelic use and attorney competence. The panel will take place from 2:00 - 3:15pm PST with 15 minute reserved for audience questions.
• Substance dependence and the legal profession: A Personal Story
• The decriminalization of psychedelics and implications for defining “competence”
• The harm reduction framework
• Substance use vs. abuse vs. dependence
• Is harm reduction an option for those practicing law?
• Is psychedelic therapy an option for those practicing law?
Speakers include California State Senator Scott Wiener, Stephan F. Ferris, Dr. Gregory Wells, and Amy McDougal
Call or Email Us
Office: +1 415 874-3045
P.O. Box 193383 San Francisco, CA 94119